Yesterday would have been a great day to get the garlic in. Instead I took the boat out on the Cathance River. It was a beautiful, sunny November 1st and the tide was running in, so I was paddling against a current as I approached Merrymeeting Bay. I got as far as the transmission lines before my instinct for self-preservation overruled. Saw some light chop upstream on the way back to Bowdoinham.
Warm and dry, and with time to kill before the pasture walk at Crystal Springs Farm, I drove the drive I always do to get fleeting looks at Merrymeeting Bay: Route 24. This time with a kayak strapped on top, my attention was a little different. I remembered seeing duck hunters putting in one time on the Foreside Road. So I parked down there and tried the Muddy River approach.
Check this out:
View Larger Map
The wind was really refreshing. Reminiscent of March in MA when it is time to fly kites. However it is actually freaking NOVEMBER in ME and were there a mishap, no one would miss me for days, so I turned around before I got to the Bay.
Then I went to to the Maine Grass Farmers Network Fall Pasture Walk at Crystal Springs Community Farm, and met Tom Settlemire. The Northeast Katahdin Hair Sheep Project, and the Brunswick-Topsham Land Trust will have to be a topic of another post.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment