Had a blast at the Common Ground Fair. Amy came up on Friday; Esme and Karen followed us to Unity in the Prius on Saturday morning as I drove and yakked with Amy, while foolishly choosing to follow the "Shortest Distance" route directed by Gertrude (the GPS.) We caught the early sheepdog demo, a "Co-existing with Predators" presentation by the Coyote Project, and a talk by Linda Cortright, editor of Wild Fibers magazine. Appreciated Will Bonsall's talk about legumes. Purchased yarn, seed garlic, dulse, sausages and quail eggs.
Ate deep-fried shiitake mushrooms, "Give Peas a Chance" soup, great potstickers, and an eye-opening Peekytoe crab roll. Coffee was available at the fair for the first time this year. I think I enjoyed my decaf all the more because it felt so illicit!
Fast forward to October. The long-awaited, Nose-to-Tail Pork Processing Workshop was everything I had hoped for, and more. I'm still processing my notes and recipes. Three Days of Hog Heaven. Many, many thanks to instructors Eric Rector and Clayton Carter! Thanks also to MOFGA for organizing, and to all the workshop participants!
What does it say about modern life that, I am so ignorant that I have to sign up a year in advance for a course on such an essential, cooperative, human activity as pork processing?
So cold so early! Getting my knit on with some nice Pygora fiber.
No comments:
Post a Comment